10 October 2010

Special Day!


Today is a special day, being 10-10-10 - for once no confusion between us Brits and Americans on what day it is!!! (I don't like the way blogger insists on archiving with the date the "wrong way" for me, even though the instruction says otherwise). I've been recording these special dates (and others like 1-2-3) with photos, usually around my home, and as I write a diary, there's usually something about what is happening in my life at the time.  The intention is to make art... a piece somehow capturing the photos and the snippets of life.  Anyway here today, its been bright sunshine, blue sky with the tiniest cloud, breezy but relatively warm.  The sun is going down now, so may be more photos to come.  I like these quirky dates, probably because my birthday is one of them, and by fluke my wedding day also.

This coming week, DH returns to work full time after his "episode" - 10 months almost of challenges on the domestic front.  Not least in the past few weeks he's been working at home which means two computers on the go at the same time, or papers all over tables.  So my access for my art has been restricted, almost to non existence, what will I do with an extra day?  Oh, well before the end of Oct I've some 7" x 5" pieces to make for PaperWEIGHT, need some small pieces for my Art Trail display, oh and I promised a brand new, made especially for piece, for my Embroiderers' Guild Branch Exhibition.  Mhmmmm is one extra day enough... ought to be a doddle, after all I've managed two solos, an art trail, and piece for touring event with domestic pressure.  One must always remember in times of difficulty, there's always cake... and chocolate!!! ggg

No comments: