15 November 2012

Exhibitions, Sales and the need for Chocolate

Friday went over to see EAST's exhibition.  Its one of the few exhibitions I must not miss and I think I've possbily missed only 1 or 2 since inception in the mid 90s.  Its nice to see what everyone is doing, when you've known people for a long time.  Their work is always very well displayed, crisp and clean and, well, as you'd expect, professional.  Himself was with me, and came to find me to say he liked one of the small art works and we should buy it.  So we did, and that hopefully will come home in December.  The only surprise to me this time around was the lack of 3d.  Yes there were large pieces, more installation work, but hardly anything in terms of 3d. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a different look to the entirety.  Its good though that things move and change, otherwise why bother to visit a group if you see the same every time.

Small Sales - well delivered my little chiffon flower brooches today, wheeee!!!  And packing up goodies for the ERTF Cornucopia (in house) shop on Saturday.
For the ERTF shop it will be extra supplies to try and sell on and a little booklet I wrote all myself, plus did all the diagrams myself, and put it together myself.  My dear friend Anne, acted as proof reader, and very good she is too, as I write like I talk, ie with a Norfolk accent!
I gulped at the supplies.... you see in the first place I bought way too much, but I also remember that at the time my thinking was going another way, I was going to fully immerse myself, make, show off and then sell on these extras.  But life twists and turns and things change and you end up with a box of things, which I still love and cherish but am never going to use all in my lifetime.  Hands up how many have done that then?
Fetched the float for Cornucopia today... sigh another reason I'm turning in a grumpy old bag.  Why does everything get complicated?  I phoned first, I simply wanted to know can I come in and get this amount of change or do I need to pre-order it.  Of course its not the branch I'm speaking to but a call centre in another country, despite being the phone number quoted for the branch (grrr).  Anyway never got that question answered.  Instead they would pre-order the money for me ready for me to go and collect.  Oh how nice and helpful, not.  Turned up and everything was in coppers, the teller heaved out this bag which I'd need a wheelbarrow for, to start with £15 in 1p pieces..... sigh.  So despite ordering and despite it all being in a sealed bag, the teller had to start over and get me what I wanted from scratch.  And... to answer the question, yes I could have gone in and got that amount of change without having to ask in advance.

Sorry all I seem to do these days is moan, but its been one heck of a year and a lot of aggro and hassle and lots of time stupid issues which if individuals did what they promised, I wouldn't have had to do unwanted, unexpected work and spend days writing emails to sort out. I do have a novelty business idea... how about, people deliver the product/service they promise.  Bit radical hey, need to lay down until the moment passes. (but there is of course, always chocolate!)

No comments: