27 March 2014

Appearing At....

Announcement time, drum roll, trrrrrrrrr - here's a list of things I will be involved with coming up so far this year.

21st-29th June 2014
Venue: Paul J King
10 Station Road
Burnham on Crouch
Essex CM0 8BG

I missed participating in this Art Trail last year, due to personal circumstances, but applied again and have been accepted.  As always the Trail brings surprises as an exhibiting artist as you don't get to choose your venue.  Its important to always be respectful of the business, to not cause disruption when setting up and taking down work.  More important this year for me - as this business is a Funeral Directors!  Well in the past I exhibited  in an osteopaths complete with skeleton in the window.....
The website will be updated with this year's Trail news so do pop back and they also have a Facebook page - look for Burnham Art Trail.

In the past I've done some teaching and I've been asked to do a day class, so you can find me

Bookbinding Techniques
Wednesday 2nd July 2014
Fantasia Textiles Studio
Coggeshall
Essex

This is going to be a day workshop about techniques for stitching bindings, with hints and tips on covers and other elements.  It is NOT making a book start to finish.  Hopefully students will go home with enough information and samples to be able to make multiple variations of books of their own choice.
For more information on the variety of courses and options on offer, contact Norah at Fantasia Textiles  or I have a pdf document of forth coming programme I can forward to you.

I have done multiple teaching/taking meetings for my local Branch of the Embroiderers; Guild, and this year I have another afternoon meeting:

Salvage to Selvedge
Saturday 12th July 2014
Embroiderers' Guild
South & East Essex Branch
Balmoral Centre
Salisbury Avenue
Westcliff-on-Sea SS0 7AU

This is open to Non Members, if you take a look at our Programme here, you can see more re Visitors fees, location, access etc.  This is a workshop during our normal meeting time to 1.30-4.30pm.  You will need to bring along your sewing equipment, needles, scissors and threads of your choice.
The intent is to make textile art which includes items already found around the home, there will be supplies and samples.
You can always come to any of our Meetings - next one on 12th April has guest speaker Liz Trenow.

As I write the Rochford Art Trail call out hasn't appear yet, but I expect it any day soon, but I will apply as and when, and will advise of results.


No comments: