14 February 2013

Saying No....

I've finally had to admit defeat... and I'm not submitting an application to an Art Trail which I've been part of for a few years.

Last year was tough, personally.  I expected a slump to hit me around Sept/Oct when everything was all but done and dusted.  But it didn't happen.  Other arty things got added onto my agenda, and there were difficulties with them, which I didn't need. Xmas/New Year then on the horizon with lots of emotions flying around everywhere and other personal things suddenly appeared which got me disproportionately worried. Got through those not understanding why in retrospect I was being so stupid.  And then splat, the slump hit. Ideas no problem, just the strength to do them.

I like this Art Trail, its the first I joined in with, but I know they have rules - high quality work, original work, and work which is new to the Trail.  And in time for submission I just can't fulfil those obligations, well not to my personal satisfaction.
So of course having made that decision, removed self pressure, now I've time to be ill, and have been welded to the house this past week.
 
Still today a good job done finally.  I can't stitch when ill, and don't like to try in case I infuse bugs into the fabrics!!!  But I had another task where the brain fog was too much, and yet today, sat down, tap tap tap, did it straight off.  Kinda proves the point of not being in the right place.
New photos added to Small Art Works, Ecclectic and Books.
 
I have been doing some stitching, just not for the things I should be, but in honour of the day...
 

 

1 comment:

Miriam Weaver said...

Sometimes something has to give Bevereley and it hits you like a train. Sorry you have been unwell missed you yesterday, hope your on the mend.