27 March 2017

Is Anyone There?

Knock Knock
Is there a blog wanting to come out to play?

Poor little neglected blogy, aww.  Sorry just soooo not been in the mood for things.  Head filled with lots of minor stuff and nonsense, so much nonsense can't remember what it was, but somehow just seemed occupied elsewhere.

Since last I wrote, himself sold his piece at the Essex Open, I think I should charge commission, because of all the advice I gave him on entering, form filling etc.

So where have I been....

The Material Girls of course, which I can't tell you about, because its all exhibition work - took me a long time to think of an idea for work for the next display, but I might have solved it, as usual its in my head and an absolutely brilliant piece.

Embroiderers' Guild - had a couple of meetings.  The first one was a really really good talk from John James Needles.
I had already started to sort out my needles, to be honest I think some date back to when I was 12/13 - yes that is a lifetime ago.  So following the talk and looking at some of the unopened packets, realising I will never ever see to thread that needle.  I had a clear out.
This has been on my list for a long time.


This is a temporary (cough) needlecase I made way back when doing City & Guilds - so that's mid 1990s.  Just a bundle of felt machined together.  I have always wanted a needlecase like my gran's leatherette little fold around tab with a snap.  Just not found what I want, and yes with bookbinding skills you'd think I'd make my own... well I haven't.
So I decided enough, and the above has been consigned to needlecase heaven.
Needles went too, and I now have this:


I did already have some of the Pebble cases, but now have more.  I've mixed up a pack and now have that in my "out of the house box" - it is soooo much easier to just grab this A5 box and go, no more needing a wheelie trolley, and if its not in the box well tough.  Having a little pack of needles in a protected case in this box - sigh, bliss.  Yes I have gone to stitching events and forgotten needles.  John James says it should be a new needle for a new project - its something I always do with the sewing machine - but hand stitching it has never occurred to me.

Also at last EG meeting we had an afternoon practical, taken by one of our own, Lynn.  I made this, no idea what its called.

Rather effective.  Nothing nicer than a bit of fun stitching, chat, and cake.
April EG is fast approaching and we have a guest speaker - Rachel Duffield.  She is "dressing Queen Elizabeth I" - looking forward to this as she will be putting on the costume from underwear upwards.  I'm not really a costume person - but I do like reading and learning about QEI.  So 8th April.

The opportunity I mentioned last time, I didn't go for - was truly excited by it and would love to have tried for it, but reality is, I need a bit more growing time, so hopefully it will come around again.

I did however come across another opportunity, locally, which is an open call type exhibition, so myself and him indoors have sent in images for it.  We will have to see, but if chosen, work will be displayed April/June.

The Rochford Art Trail call for entries has also crossed my path - deadline for that is not til end of May, need to think of something for it.  I have an idea which has been hovering, which might emerge.

So in the next couple of weeks its:
~ finish some work for an exhibition for Material Girls
~ pack up and deliver work for the EG Branch Exhibition
~ may be deliver work for another event.

So things bubble along, as ever.  I might even call round to play with blogy more often!!


No comments: