11 August 2010

Working hard....

I'm busy juggling here - its like being back studying City & Guilds Embroidery, bits and pieces everywhere, all 90% done, but nothing quite ready.  I will post some pics of the new work, when I actually get around to taking some!!!  Naming the last piece has been hard, I spend ages pouring over books and the internet, checking on things.  But I've found something which sums it up.  Its actually a celebration of green so of course it could have all sorts of natural themes - but the original  inspiration was just playing with greens so the name I've chosen is 'Terre Verte' - or earth green - its actually an artist colour,or a range of colours made from green earth pigments.  So seemed to fit in with all my thoughts.  I've checked, its all go ahead to set up FABRICATION on Monday, I've got my layout plan, so I know what is going where.  After which I plan to collapse in a heap, with a large supply of chocolate - or perhaps consume a large slice of cake from the Centre cafe.
But bad news, my workhorse Bernina is sick - in fact bits dropped off it.  It does work hard, and I do make it stitch through all sorts. It will have to go for repairs, and of course it would do this when I've only got about an hour's machining to do to finish, still the Plan B alternative might actually be a better mix.

No comments: