21 February 2012

Tick, tick, tick


Its nearly here.... The Material Girls Exhibition "Articulated Materials - Bridging Waters".  Yesterday I went to help hang the exhibition, although not sure how much help I was, being a newbie to the group there's an element of needing to observe and work out where you can slot into a process and a venue they already know.
Its opens tomorrow:
 
PV is Thursday evening... and I will be there on Sat morning to steward (you may need to press the gate button to get in....)
 
Got home yesterday and could barely get out of the car.... hurt my shoulder on my trip away and now my back is sore and the arthritic knee is being a bleep too.  Doesn't help things to sit here on the puter chair as it slowly sinks til the knees are higher than your ears... well not quite.  I'm turning into a decrepit old bag!  May have to get more industrial strength painkillers, train the cat to warm up and fetch the microwavable wheat bags, and while its at it, it can learn to put the kettle on.
In the meantime what to do art wise.... trouble is its so easy to get settled leaning over a table and then realise you can't get up!!!

1 comment:

Miriam Weaver said...

I have that trouble getting stuck in one position.I always remind myself to get up and move around every 30 minutes when I start a project, well that's the theory, does it work in practice no course it doesn't 3 hours later knees stuck and back aches! Hope your feeling better soon and the cat gets trained quickly!!!