06 May 2013

Following On and Making a Series - may be

Right let's have a think and a catch up.... submitted my entry for the Rochford Art Trail.  Lots of dithering, nothing seemed to feel right.  But the answer was actually there in front of me, all the time.  Said to a friend how do I make myself see these things, take note of it, she suggested getting it firmly ingrained.... with a tattoo.  Errr if its on my shoulder still wouldn't see, and might disappear in my wrinkly skin, wot does that say?
So this has brought me to another thought process.  In making the application I was thinking what would look nice as a collective display, eye catching (hence the dithering).  But then I thought what about a series of things?  Its not really something I embrace, well not in the conventional, look at this, its obvious they all go together way.  Most things I do follow on, in my mind at least.
A little bit of this
And a little bit of that
Made one of these
Clap clap clap clap
(come along now sing along to The Birdie Song - second verse)
A little bit of this
And a little bit of that
Made one of these
Clap clap clap clap
(OK, so now I'll spare you having to do the dance as well)

But now I'm wondering perhaps I should make a little series of similars, I've got 3 already!!!  And I think that's a series, ha, on the basis of one is one and all alone and ever more shall be so (still singing?) - two is coincidence - and three becomes a series. (Isn't that the criteria for a serial killer.... cough) Although Untitled 3 is not very inspiring - Untitled 303 is impressive!  Was wondering about making a little something, which I could do one a week of, sounds achieveable doesn't it?  I quite like these displays with 20 or more very similar items, you see people studying to work out which is their favourite.  May be they would buy two instead of one as the decision to chose is too much.  So may be that's a plan then.... but.... drum roll trrrrrrrrrr... might start numbering at 100, that way it looks good before I start!
Right anybody who cannot get The Birdie Song out of their heads now - its not my fault.  I have to live with Little Boxes every time I work on my beach hut studies!!!

 


No comments: