03 November 2010

Busy Busy - Next Exhibition

On Monday I took down my work from the Rochford Art Trail.  No sales as such, but didn't expect any.  However, I have been commissioned to make some postcards - the above shows those recently made (some were on display at the Trail),  Its the first full year of the Trail, so I hope the town and the host venues embrace it... it has the potential for a win win situation all round - more visitors to the town, more sales in the shops/cafes, and opportunities for artists to share their work.  Being involved with the Trail at Burnham on Crouch also, I can see just what a boost it can be for a town, but it takes a little while to get established, and for the concept to be understood and made the most of.
Tuesday I was helping to set up an Exhibition.  The Embroiderers' Guild South & East Essex Branch, have a display (over 40 pieces I believe) at the Adult Community College in Roche Way, Rochford.  All types of textile art.  It lasts until 16th December, so do think about visiting.  Look at our Branch Programme - I just happen to be the Branch IT Rep!!!
Last week I had the offer to participate in the Burnham Xmas sales event.  I would really like to have said Yes... but the year has been full on, with one thing and another, I've nothing suitable and don't want to make pieces in a rush which I will be unhappy with, and think could have been better designed or made.  However, I have said that I will make the Xmas cards as requested of each Art Trail participant.  So that means I still have 3 commitments to deal with.

No comments: