17 February 2011

Stitch & Creative Crafts, Braintree

I went along to this Show today, luckily I won 2 tickets to it - my grateful thanks to Sarah of urbanmum.org - pure chance I saw the opportunity and amazed to find I'd won something.  So a phone call last night to a friend, do you want to come with me, and we met up (eventually) at the venue.
Its a Show heavily on the cardmaking side of things, but I'd not been to one of these types of Shows in a long time.  So what's the first thing bought.... my friend treated me to a beautiful purple crocheted shawl, which I shall treasure.  We drooled at the stand of buttons, so tempting, resisted, purely because both of us are trying really hard to be sensible and not buy things, well, just because.... cough, so that's why I've got a pack of paper heart shaped doilies!!  We had another drool at the ribbon stand, roll after roll, dragged each other away from the bead stands.  Trouble is we love these toooo much, and my friend kept saying, I'm trying to downsize my stash!!! So we were relatively sensible, I bought a little stand for my Mighty Bright light, which gives it more stability, and has a magnet in the base, so I'm hoping it will sit on my sewing machine, its not a whizz bang thing so I don't think the magnet near by is an issue.  And the last purchase, but the first thing seen, paper of course.  What me?  Paper?  One of those fill a box with whatever and as much paper as can be crammed in.  Very happy bunny.
Of course now the issue is - fitting new purchases into cupboards.... sigh.

No comments: