12 June 2011

Excitement and Anticipation....

It going to be a busy mid June - Friday I went off to a meeting of Essex Members of the ERTF.  I had a great afternoon, lots of chatter, laughing and plenty of thoughts for future Essex get togethers.  Nothing better in my view that meeting over tea and cake!!  Looking forward to getting to know relatively "local" Members more in the future.
Yesterday I was at our Embroiderers' Guild meeting.  Guest speaker:  Lee Ault.  She has been to our branch before, previously as a Victorian Lady - this time she came to speak on Rationed Fashion - dressed in a suit of the period.  Once again she gave the most entertaining talk, and we all marvelled at the trunk which seemed bottomless as item after item emerged.
The photo, boring I know, but its next on the list.  Pile of work retrieved from storage in the garage to be checked over, make sure strings on the back are still tight etc.  Its in readiness for the Burnham Art Trail, and also a couple of other submissions.  Well what else would you be doing on a Sunday afternoon in June, when it tipping it down and COLD.  Completely at odds as we've had so little rain here, the grass was going brown.
Not sure my mojo is back - but it does a soul good to meet with others who share your interests, and I do feel a tingle of anticipation for future events.

No comments: