12 August 2012

Hello Goodbye

Passionate Pink
This piece went to its new home yesterday.  Thought I'd give it another moment in the spotlight, because actually I've had so very little time with it.  I finished it and the very next week someone wanted to buy it.  It then went off on display at a couple of venues, been gone since May, came back to me yesterday and immediately transferred to its new owner, barely a backward glance!!!  In its finished state its probably been in my hands only two weeks.
Its small - 6" x 8" or so.  Background is 180gsm cartridge paper, with Inktense colour, which I blended by using Gesso, not water., to give a chalky appearance.  Machine stitched grid.  On the points of the grid are tiny tiny flat sequins with a bead.....
Heart shaped hole cut out of centre and filled with another heart.  Painted lutradur, covered in hand stitching.  Brass rings filled with beads, and heart buttons, and a sprinkling of more sequins.
I wonder if I will ever finish and sell another piece so quickly!

1 comment:

Diane Kelsey said...

A lovely piece of work.