10 July 2014

One down, and.....

one more to go.

Art Trails that is.  Completed the Burnham Art Trail, work in the funeral directors who were extremely helpful and welcoming.  It seems an odd choice for a venue, but the reality is, they are part of the locality, the kind of business which we all will have need of one day, and if having art work in their windows helps to see them as less intimidating, why not.

The result of this Art Trail was a couple of small sales in the pop up shop, and after the event I was contacted with a request to purchase a piece which had been in the window. 

Aqueous III
has now gone to its new home.
 
Guess what... there were 3 of them, but the only one left now, all on its lonesome is Aqueous II

 
each a photograph taken by me, digitally enhanced
printed on canvas with stitch and bead embellishment.
Most of my work is for sale, you can see many pieces on my website
please ask for more information.
 
I still need to make some work for Rochford Art Trail - I'm returning to another of my themes - maps.  Designs will be based on real places and imagined journeys.
 
Another piece of work has arrived home with me, after a big journey of its own....


Beach Huts
 
This was one of the first pieces I made when I joined The Material Girls.  Its been on tour in Canada and a few venues here in the UK, as part of the Articulated Materials, Bridging Waters collaboration.
It's very simple but I was just very pleased to have made the deadline for completion given I joined part way in to the project.  Its been well looked after on its journey and has come back in very good condition.  Thanks to our Canadian friends and to Chris, for organising this project.
 
Ideas are moving on... The Material Girls next project is well in hand, we are working hard lots of brilliant ideas already springing forth.
I even have ideas for pieces for the Art Trails in 2015 - I need staff though, so then I can get on and play design and make art.
 

No comments: