17 May 2015

Sunday Share 17. 5.15

Phew, almost running out of Sunday to share this with you.


Not very pretty is it?  I would love to have sketchbooks with oodles of deliciousness tumbling out of them.   Long admired the likes of Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn and more recently Linda and Laura Kemshall.  Notebooks which somehow manage to be artworks in their own right and in entirety.

Actually whilst studying City & Guilds Embroidery, the struggle to try and produce such wonders was quite a hindrance.
I've never really been bugged by the blank page, or the white space but not having the oooh and aaah factor of a sketchbook has irritated.
However, I've long since realised this is a working book for me, and although others may make pretty things to aid their designs, I tend to do a lot of measuring, and calculating and diagrams.  So in the main I have nothing to drool over, no sketchbook envy levied my way.

I hope it helps to see something not so pretty and to realise the information is for me, and only me, so it has to work how I need it to.

Beverley

Facebook






1 comment:

chocolatefrog said...

Know what you mean, my "design books" are more prosaic than pretty too!