28 October 2016

Soooo What's Happening?

Since my last posting below, I can happily report that my submissions for the CD Collection 2016 at Inchmore Gallery, Inverness, arrived safely.
The Gallery has 403 pieces - do please take a look via the Facebook page, as every single one has been photographed.  I cannot believe the detail some people can achieve in such a small area.  You will find mine as numbers 170-173.
Such a long distance, so won't be visiting (years ago, but I have been to Inverness) - however, it has brought me new blog and Facebook contacts, so that's very nice.

I've been working once again on a 'secret' project, well time sensitive, and that will be revealed to you, likely end of next week, hope it brings a smile......

This week, I visited the Exhibition of Chris Spencer.  Chris is the Founder and Mentor of the textile group I belong to, The Material Girls.
This is the first ever solo Exhibition which Chris has put on, with work from a period of time. However, it all hangs together beautifully, colours, tones, and technique.  Not long left to see it now, but you can see some images here.

I have plenty of other work to do, not least a piece for a collective hanging for my Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild, as its to celebrate our 40th Year, it needs a little Ruby Red in it. Trouble is, aside from not yet designing, every time I think on it, this song pops into my head....  Kaiser Chiefs 

I've been doing a little retail therapy, this week, few threads and essentials like bondaweb. Last week, I visited an art shop to buy card for my latest make for The Material Girls, brought it home, and it was just popped up in the lounge, been there all of 2 minutes when Spike decided it was an excellent scratching post.  Very odd considering he won't use any of the scratching mats etc we have.  Soooo I'd bought extra, let's hope I don't need to make another purchase.

Face of innocence

See you soon, hopefully with pretty stuff to share.  Yes I know, Spike is very pretty, but he's had his 5 minutes of fame, for a while.


No comments: