10 November 2016

Success!!

I'm a happy bunny.  I have work accepted into the Annual Essex Open Exhibition.  I have been in it twice before, but the last time was 2005!  I've entered a few times since but no luck.


25th November 2016 -  11th February 2017
57th Annual Essex Open Exhibition
Beecroft Art Gallery
Victoria Avenue
Southend on Sea

I tried last year and vowed, not to bother again... but then along comes the info, last year it moved to an online application, whereas previously the work was taken in and selection from actual, so it now becomes an easy process.
Utterly amazed that ALL of my pieces were selected.  I wonder if its because I refer to it as Mixed Media?  We still fight the assumptions of Textile Art being certain things, and as I stitch on paper, I think its safe to say it is Mixed Media.  In fact I'd go so far as to say most Textile Artists are... they use dyes, paints, found objects, unconventional materials, etc.  I guess we keep banging on the door until they let us in.

So here are the pieces which will be on show....

Burnham Bound
Machine stitch on paper and map pages

Floret 1
Machine stitch, book pages, sewing patterns,
mono printing, stencilling and lace embellishment

Resolution 1
Printing, machine stitch on paper, distressing, wax, acrylic paints

But there is more to the story.... him indoors also entered.  This year marks the first year he has turned his photography hobby into work to be seen by the public.  He also entered three pieces, and has had success with one!


Urban Decay and Graffiti Arch 




1 comment:

chocolatefrog said...

Congrats Bev, well deserved! And a lesson for all us textile artists re both presenting our art and not giving up.